Full-Time Writer or Blogger (Encino, CA)
Writer or Blogger
AppliancePartsPros.com is seeking a writer or blogger to be the voice for its “Repair Help” section. No appliance repair experience is necessary; technical staff will advise and assist. This opportunity is a full-time, salaried position on-site at the company’s corporate office in Encino, CA. The ideal candidate must be able to write copy for the company’s corporate webpages (e.g. “About Us” section), as well as the “Repair Help” section to an audience of do-it-yourselfers. Secondary responsibilities may include occasionally assisting with press releases, corporate communications, and repair video scripts. More writing responsibilities will arise when the company embarks on several upcoming projects. The writer will have an opportunity to demonstrate strengths and skills apart from writing to create a unique career niche, because the company believes in working with each employee’s strengths.
– Experience writing for an online publication or blog. Must provide clips or other samples.
– Familiarity with AP style.
– Must work well with others and be open to constructive critique and technical input.
– Must be a self-starter who is able to meet deadlines.
– Must be flexible.
– 4-year degree preferred.
– 2 years minimum experience.
AppliancePartsPros.com(APP), founded in 1999, is a secure and established national online retailer serving do-it-yourselfers. Our core values include: Service, Company and Personal Growth, Teamwork, Taking Initiative, Communication and Passion. Our people interact less like co-workers and more like family, friends and teammates. We pride ourselves on customer loyalty, team building, and the creation of a strong company culture. Our satisfaction comes from progressing in our personal and professional development within the APP family. We work hard, but we never forget the value of family, friends, fellowship and fun. For all these reasons, we wake up excited and passionate about our work here each day. We’ve won BizRate’s prestigious “Circle of Excellence” award six years in a row (2007 – 2012) and have earned the highest rating possible – ELITE – from STELLAService. We have also been rated as one of the “Best of the Web Top 50 Retailer Sites” by Internet Retailer Magazine. Our goal is success through superior customer service, innovation, quality, tirelessly pursuing new growth and learning opportunities, while maintaining a rock-solid commitment to both our customers and our working team.
– Competitive salary; annual performance bonuses
– Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
– 2 weeks paid vacation
– Sunny, casual, creative office
– Down the street from the 405 and 101 freeways
– Fully stocked kitchen with coffee and pastries available every day
– Entertainment room with table and video games