Full-Time Web-Based Instructional Designer (Plano, TX)
Web-Based Instructional Designer/Training Developer
Dell Services is looking for an individual to develop web-based and virtual instructor-led courses in sales, account growth, account operations, and project management. If you are a resourceful, technically adept, and innovative instructional designer/developer there is an opportunity for you to become part of a diverse and dynamic team responsible for the design and creation of training courses that drive critical business outcomes in Dell.
You will work with subject matter experts to ensure that course content achieves the desired behavioral outcomes that accelerate revenue growth, ensure effective execution, and expedite our business transformation.
– Engage with team members in using and iterative instructional design model in a dynamic, frequently-changing environment.
– Act as subject matter expert when designing and developing curriculum through research, Dell team member input, and functional/technical knowledge.
– Partner with technical SMEs and recommend adjustments to courseware to achieve desired outcomes.Continuously improve the effectiveness of the content.
– Ensure quality and timely completion of development projects within accelerated time constraints.
– Address regional and cultural challenges in the training design.
– A pply research, information gathering and analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope while developing solutions to a variety of problems of moderate complexity.
– Utilize data to identify issues beyond the original project scope.
– Engage in assignments where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
You will find your greatest success on this team if you can work as an independent team member under general direction, guided by objectives of the assignment without the need for a high degree of direct management by your leader. You will be expected to follow established policies and processes while applying discretion and independent judgment to identify when deviation from standard practice is required without prior approval. Relationship networks are critical for success in a global organization so you will be expected to create and develop working relationships with others outside your area of expertise.
– An undergraduate degree and 2-4 years of relevant business experience or a graduate degree and two years of relevant business experience
– Ability to apply the principles, concepts, theories, technologies and standards of effective instructional design.
– 2+ years of experience in developing a broad spectrum of learning applications using Articulate.
– Experience in designing, developing, and editing moderately complex, e-learning virtual, and blended curriculum.
– Experience in creating original, interactive, and socratic learning activities.
– Experience with learning-related systems, tools and procedures.
– Must be able to communicate effectively in writing, presentations, executive interactions, and team discussions.
– Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment on confidential business matters.
– Must have experience in assisting with program or process development, improvement, and implementation.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
– Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
– When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
– Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
– We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
– Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Job Requisition Number: 13000QIT-2
– See more at: http://jobs.dell.com/us/united-states/engineering/jobid3847365-web-based-instructional-designer_training-developer#sthash.uivKzXcf.dpuf