Full-Time VP, Global Head Content Specialist (New York, NY)
The Global Head of Content Specialists leads the MHF team of content specialists for our data operations group. This group is responsible for setting and implementing the standards by which all our content is managed. MHF Content Specialists work with the business teams from the Integrated Desktop and Enterprise businesses to establish content priorities and strategies. The Global Head of Content Specialists is responsible for the overall coordination of content priorities, and the building of strategies for McGraw-Hill Financial.
The Global Head of Content Specialists works closely with the Global Production Managers and Location Managers to improve data coverage, quality, reporting, efficiency of data management and productivity for MHF.
Each of the specialty-focused content teams will create and maintain strategic road maps for the creation and maintenance of new and existing content that separates MHF from its competitors. New content will be a result of new data builds projects; 3rd party acquisition; content alliances; or outright corporate acquisitions. The Content Specialist team will be a key designer and implementer of each of these growth strategies.
- Work collaboratively with the MHF business unit sponsors to identify new or expanded content and analytics.
- Work across the business unit and product groups of McGraw- Hill Financial to understand and prioritize the net content requirements of the company.
- Create and maintain content strategy road maps for each of the key data set areas and work with delivery teams across the businesses, Technology, Data Operations, CASA and Strategy to deliver executable project plans.
- Work with analytic and quantitative teams to create new analytics and the underlying data required to build them.
- Stay abreast of competitive and market data developments in the market place, and develop strategies to stay ahead of these competitors.
- Stay aligned with our clients through deep partnerships with the client development/sales organization.
- Investigate and introduce partner or 3rd party content and analytics to the organization, so as to enrich our platforms with the addition and introduction of new and differentiated content and analytics.
- Own the overall prioritization and scheduling of content builds for the Data Organization.
- Work with business unit, Data Operations and Technology teams to size and scope potential content and analytic build outs and integrations.
- Manage a global team of content specialists , identify key roles and talent gaps, develop internal talent and source select outside talent to build quality bench strength.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or CFA preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years in leadership roles with increasing levels of responsibility for management and support of business strategy and operations.
- Deep data operations experience, including experience managing a major data integration that resulted in positive business results.
- Detailed business knowledge and understanding of the products and services, solid knowledge of capital markets and broad understanding of financial services industry
- 10+ years experience at a large, global financial data product provider
- Thorough knowledge of technology systems; has the ability to work with development teams to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of effective database technology
- Specialization and world class knowledge of each of the data sets that MHF offers.
- Results oriented with demonstrated business development skills, including the ability to identify and assess opportunities to partner with external entities or acquire external capabilities.
- Creativity and strategic insight – thinking beyond the obvious, with an ability to convert ideas into actionable plans and execute upon them
- Knowledge of designing and launching online, digital products / applications to large customer base from idea generation to launch.
- Strong background in and understanding of and other financial data & models, technology.
- Business plan development and execution skills, ability to achieve closure, with a follow-through-to-completion mentality
- Ability to translate strategic imperatives at the macro level into initiatives and priorities for their own work and/or the work of their part of the organization
- Customer focused with a good understanding of different market segments use of MHF products and offerings.
- Must have good operational skills as well as strategic understanding of business and product requirements
- High energy, self starter and strong team player. Entrepreneurial spirit comfortable working within a large corporation. Desire to win and attracted to challenges
- Proven ability to manage multiple products, driving product ideas and portfolio strategy forward; strong influencing skills, to ensure the ability to get things done by working with many parties that are not always in direct control
- Ability to interact with leaders at all levels of the organization, establishing credibility and respect
- Ability to establish consensus on vision, set clear goals, and measure and report on progress
- Demonstrated leadership, as well as general management skills – especially related to building and motivating teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, buy-in and support across functions and at all levell
- Attentive to detail and quality oriented; must be able to work in global, multi-cultural environment
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
Working at S&P Capital IQ, a subsidiary of McGraw Hill Financial, offers you the best of both worlds: an agile and exciting environment intently focused on the future — backed by 150+ years of market wisdom from Standard & Poor’s. We attract smart, results-oriented thinkers looking for an open, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
S&P Capital IQ delivers in-depth intelligence across asset classes and capital structures to more than 4,200 institutions, wealth managers and investment advisors around the world. Built on the 150-year heritage of Standard & Poor’s, S&P Capital IQ brings together key capabilities in research, strategy, evaluation, analysis, data solutions and risk mitigation under one roof. A client-centric firm, S&P Capital IQ has the institutional fortitude of over $1 billion in annual revenue, yet is nimble enough to respond to any client request with a customized, real-world solution.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Primary Location US-NY-New York Analytical/Research
Organization Capital IQ
Corporate Brand S&P Capital IQ