Full-Time Visual Content Strategist (Houston, TX)
NRG is at the forefront of changing how people think about and use energy. A Fortune 500 company, NRG is a pioneer in developing cleaner and smarter energy choices for our customers: whether as one of the largest solar power developers in the country, or by building the first privately funded electric vehicle charging infrastructure or by giving customers the latest smart energy solutions to better manage their energy use. Our power generating facilities can support over 20 million homes and our retail electricity providers—Reliant, Green Mountain Energy Company and Energy Plus—serve more than two million customers. More information is available at www.nrgenergy.com or Like Us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter.
The content strategist must have a background in — and ideally a passion for — developing and manipulating content for the web. The candidate needs to understand how written and visual content interrelate within site architecture. This person needs to have a good understanding of how the consumer connects with site content and how best it can be massaged, repurposed and organized to support branding, marketing and other messaging objectives. The content strategist needs powerful detail orientation and an ability to see the big picture. And he/she must also be able to interact productively with writers, editors, designers, information architects, managers and, in a multi-tasking environment.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee effective visual and written content that balances business objectives with audience expectations
- Plan, develop and execute effective, compelling visual and written content that serves a wide range of needs and outputs
- Work with all channels to ensure that visual and written content strategy and calendar balances internal business needs with audience interests
- Develop style guides and best practices for all interactive copy, establishing and ensuring a standard voice, tone and cadence
- Implement SEO guidelines for content and oversee implementation
- Assess strategic impact of content; refine and optimize content strategy and execution to improve performance
- Provide guidance for content developers, both internal and external
- Manage copywriters and graphic designers
- Train copywriters and graphic designers in CMS
- Meet daily with copywriters and graphic designers
- Coordinate activities with the Creative Services team
- Report monthly process to Senior Manager
- Coordinate weekly Project List with Project Managers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
NRG Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Business Unit||260414 – Retail Brand Mktg Comm|
|Position||Visual Content Strategist|
|Number of Openings||1|