Full-Time Technical Writer (West Sacramento, CA)
Xerox is the world’s leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces – from small businesses to large global enterprises – to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
- Documenting IT Services management procedures, SOP and compliance documentation related to security audits, HIPAA, NIST, FIPS and CMS
- Assist team members in developing documentation that is clear and understandable.
- Maintain documentation in a standard format following established guidelines.
- Conduct SME interview to gather detailed information about processes, procedures and applications that can be documented and stored in SharePoint.
- Prepare diagrams and exhibits to explain the proposed system to managers and users in understandable format.
- Manage and maintain the SharePoint document repository as a collaboration and reference tool for the team members.
- Perform quality control tasks on all documentation packages to be delivered to client.
- Maintain documentation to current standards and current network/server configuration.
- Maintain and update SharePoint document library.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience in Operations Procedures Writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Security and Compliance experience. Such as NIST, HIPAA and/or CMS
- Excellent writing skills.
- Have a demonstrable technical aptitude, basic enterprise networking concepts.
- Ability to understand and convert highly technical language into plain language.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.