Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Technical Writer (Washington, D.C.)
- Location:Washington, DC
- Area Code:202
- Travel Required:
- Skills:Technical writer with sharepoint and Rational Composer
- Pay Rate:DOE
Tax Term:CON_CORP CON_IND CON_W2
- Date Posted:3-26-2013
1. Consolidate business and functional specification documentation from analysts, review and edit as necessary; discuss suggested updates with the analyst and document reviewer.2. Develop all sections and attachments for the functional specification document in a timely manner.
3. Ensure that the final product complies with the necessary style guides.
4. Develop timelines for the development of the functional memo specification
5. Update SOP guides and keep them current.
6. Develop an understanding of the interdependencies as they relate to the documentation being produced so as to be able to produce the document with minimum supervision.
7. If there is any time available due to the delay in the start of a project, delay during a project, or other interruption in a project, the consultant will be applied to (1) another project, (2) support work not being done due to an open FTE positions, or (3) help develop time gap between requirements development and the releases.
8. Suggest and implement process improvements to produce documentation in a repeatable and consistent manner.
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills
2. Strong customer skills with internal and external customers
3. Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision in a timely manner.
4. Strong documentation skills
5. Strong requirements elicitation, specification, and validation knowledge and experience
1. Microsoft Suite
3. Willingness to learn how to use and extract information from Rational Composer.
4. Familiarity with how to organize documentation in SharePoint