Full-Time Technical Writer (Washington D.C.)
Defense Point Security is an IT Security Consulting firm specializing in government-focused security solutions. Our goal is to provide expert IT security services to our clients while cultivating information security knowledge among all employees for the advancement of cyber security. Defense Point Security offers a competitive employment package including medical, vision, and dental insurance (among others).
Defense Point Security is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill a role as a Technical Writer. This full time position requires previous experience in related IT security fields.
Technical Writers are needed to support the documentation of various security tools and applications. This work is available for both fulltime on site support for a customer, as well as customer engagements with various time horizons for tool deployments and configurations, etc. This work is usually performed during core business hours, Monday through Friday.
This job requires a Bachelors degree and/or 5 years of related experience exercising the skillset previously listed. Candidate must possess advanced written communication skills and the proven ability to present complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. A successful candidate will have experience working in a large government environment. Familiarity with Cyber Security tools and methodologies is strongly preferred.
Job Location: Washington D.C., U.S.
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Security Requirement: CBP Full BI, DHS EOD, or DoD TS preferred.
All candidates must be clearable.
Defense Point Security offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums are 100% paid by DPS for employee and eligible dependents
- Personal Accident Insurance paid by DPS
- Life Insurance paid by DPS
- Short Term Disability Insurance paid by DPS
- Long Term Disability paid by DPS
- 401k Contribution Matching – 100% up to 3%, 50% up to 5%
- 401k is 100% fully vested after 90 days
- Paid time off starting at 3 weeks a year (15 days)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for cell phone
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home internet
- Up to $200 every 2 years for a cell phone upgrade
- Capital Area Bikeshare annual membership reimbursement
- 24×7 access to office gym and locker rooms
- Reimbursement for qualifying educational and training expenses
- Rewards for obtaining new IT certifications
- Computer-based training (CBT) library on IT and information security topics and certifications
- Remote access to a virtual lab for testing/learning opportunities
- Flexible / Alternative Work Schedules