Full-Time Technical Writer /Trainer (San Diego, CA)
As a member of the IT department, the qualified Technical Writer /Trainer will review specifications and work with our system to gather the technical information needed to author and maintain clear and concise technical user documentation following Millennium Laboratory specifications as well as use that documentation and other tools to train users on the software
Qualifications and Experience:
· 3+ years of direct experience developing and maintaining software, business and technical documentation
· 3+ years of software training, demonstration and support experience
· Experience determining the need for revisions in previously published material and new content and ensuring on-time delivery
· Experience using the WebtreePro content management system
· Experience documenting web based systems
· Experience with Subversion
· Experience with HL7 specifications and HIPAA compliance
· Experience with Lab Information systems
· Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical field with a background in Journalism or Writing preferred
· Strong depth of technical knowledge to understand and interpret the end-user experience
· Strong passion for learning and teaching software and comfortable speaking with end-users to gather business requirements and propose potential solutions
· Able to demonstrate a strong commitment to quality while testing application functionality to confirm that it functions per requirements and while reviewing and monitoring training materials for accuracy
· Able to work independently and have the flexibility to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
We offer competitive pay and a generous health and wellness benefits package including:
· Life Insurance
· Voluntary Benefits
· Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
· Vacation and Sick time
· Paid Holidays
· 401 (k) with 3% company match
· Discount programs
Please be advised that we have 3 dogs on the company premises..
Millennium Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant.
To apply, please visit us at:
About Millennium Laboratories:
Based in San Diego, Millennium Laboratories is a resource of choice for physicians and staff focused on the treatment of chronic pain. We are proud to offer a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package, and a wonderful working environment.