Full-Time Technical Writer (St. Louis, MO)
Job Title:Technical Writer
Location: US-Missouri-St. Louis
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Org Marketing Statement
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 22,500 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Day to Day Work
1) Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
2) Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
3) Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
4) Confer with customer representatives, vendors, executives, to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
– Interviewing, analyzing documents, draw out requirements like workshops, surveys, visiting sites, developing business processes using task flow analysis and work-flow analysis
– Simultaneous engagement in various initiatives and achieve success
– Collect, evaluate and compress data and information from multiple sources, resolve conflicts and differentiate between actual and required user needs
– Deliver results after thorough research of functional needs by collaborating and communication between various users
– Acquire deep knowledge of working systems and documentation of
– Understanding business process management and business requirements of the customers and translating them to specific software requirements
– Making sure that the recommended solution is commercial yet competitive
– Understanding the technical designs as well as the specifications.
– Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional reporting requirements.
– Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with business intelligence.
Education/Experience: Associates degree and 4 years of related work experience.
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Security Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segments: Technical Writer, Consulting, ERP, Writing, Business Intelligence, Technology, Creative