Full-Time Technical Writer (SouthWest) (Dallas, TX)
- Quickly and accurately edit and format large technical documents written by subject matter experts with minimal supervision.
- Work in FrameMaker, Word and other software programs to create print-ready documents.
- Use established procedures for producing XML files for publication to SWALife or other delivery mechanisms.
- Learn new and emerging tools and methods for document creation, storage, editing and production.
- Produce industry standard documents from sources such as Boeing source documents and legacy Company publications.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
EDUCATION (Level, and degree if applicable)
High School diploma or equivalent required, college degree in English, Journalism or Communication preferred.
Experience as a Technical Writer in an aviation setting desirable.
Experience creating end-user documentation desired.
Experience with large, multi-file technical documents using desktop publishing tools desirable.
Experience with XML preferred.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds repetitively.
Must be capable of prolonged use of PCs, including monitors, keyboard and mouse without injury.
Ability to work within an established timeframe to complete a task.
Solid writing abilities, with excellent grammar and presentation skills.
Excellent general computer skills, with an ability to learn new programs quickly.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance.