Full-Time Technical Writer (Seattle, WA)
|Amazons Localization Platform team is looking for an innovative, talented Technical Writer to join our team.As a Technical Writer on our team you will work with developers and other technical staff to create, edit and organize technical documentation on localization and internationalization best practices and tools. You must be creative, self-directed, have strong technical and organizational skills, and be able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate is smart and passionate about the customer experience. They pay attention to detail and demonstrate a bias for action to ensure that progress is made and commitments are met. They possess strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. They really enjoy working to make sure that the Localization Platform teams customers are able to effective understand the localization process and correctly utilize their tools and applications.
|– Working knowledge of wiki syntax, HTML and CSS; additional experience using XML to single-source documentation for localization is a bonus
– Working knowledge of Word, Excel, HTML, and other documentation authoring tools; additional experience using software IDEs preferred
– Experience working with software documentation style guides and creating or contributing to team style guides
– Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Writing, or a related field
|– Experience with e-learning software (i.e. Articulate, Lectora or something similar)
– Experience in writing complete and concise application manuals
– Experience collecting customer feedback and mining usage metrics
– Results-oriented, self-starter with ability to improve documentation processes
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
– Able to identify and understand audience needs
– Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
– Basic knowledge of web technologies