Full-Time Technical Writer (Seattle, WA)
Accretive Technology Group is a leader in building web based video chat systems. We connect millions of people around the world requiring 24/7 uptime. We are located in downtown Seattle and have been in business for 14 years, have over 130 employees and need to add more employees to help us grow and improve our services.
We are looking for an intermediate level Technical Writer who can help us add to and improve our technical documentation for our existing system.
The technology we use is PHP, Perl, MySQL and some C++.
- Schedule and conduct interviews with Subject Matter Experts to gain knowledge of systems
- Produce and maintain UML diagrams and technical documentation (API reference documentation, how to articles, etc) which identify the main components of the system and how they interact
- Read source code to extract information needed to produce documentation
- Implement and promote best practices for code documentation
- Provide documentation support to developers in the creation of technical design documents
- Must be a local candidate
- 3+ years writing technical content
- Must be a self-starter, have good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Proven ability to decipher complex technical material and reframe it for improved accessibility
- Ability to work independently, across groups, and as a leader to achieve results
- Familiar with PHPDoc or simliar (JavaDoc, JSDoc, etc) and UML
Accretive Technology Group is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, 100% employer paid medical, vision and dental insurance, 401k with 50% match, free transportation passes/subsidized parking and a profit sharing program. Addtional perks include: catered lunches, bagel/fruit Fridays, free coffee, tea, monthly team events and company paid events like trips to Europe, Brazil, Tahiti, Disneyland, cruises, paintball, family picnics, holiday dinners/parties and more.
Apply today and join our team.