Full-Time Technical Writer (Scotts Valley, CA)
Catbird Networks requires a technical writer with proven technical writing experience, excellent time-management, and communication skills, and the ability to function well in a fast paced team environment.
Catbird Networks has multi-functional network security solution for virtualized data centers. The solution combines Firewall, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, and Vulnerability scanning with other network based security controls. The solution also performs real-time compliance monitoring for popular compliance frameworks like PCI DSS, FISMA, and HIPAA. The technical writer must be experienced in the needs of network based security solutions operators, pay attention to detail, and work with a variety of interdisciplinary staff to develop user guide, administrator guide, and training materials for the product. The primary documentation task is to produce and maintain the guides and printable and online formats including the development of technical diagrams where needed.
The technical writer must be a self-starter that is capable of producing documentation for the solution with only moderate training and collaboration. Technical skills and a demonstrable aptitude relating to networking, firewalls, computer vulnerability analysis and virtualization technologies desired for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop system user and administrator guides in partnership with engineers and product management
- Employ diagrams, and tables to enhance technical content
- Participate in project team meetings and project reviews as needed
- Maintain document configuration control
- Technical tasks including configuration and usage of the product for documentation and testing purposes
- The candidate should have five or more years experience in technical writing
- The candidate must be a self-starter able to manage a diverse work-load.
- Minimum education requirements are a BS/BA with proven writing skills.
- Computer skill requirements include: MS Word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator or equivalent, Wiki
- Skills relating to or/demonstrable aptitude for: networking, network security, and virtualization technologies (VMware ESX)
- Fundamental understanding of compliance regulations like PCI DSS and HIPAA
Working locations and Additional Info
Location: Scotts Valley, CA