This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
15 Apr 2013
Full-Time Technical Writer (Santa Clara, CA)
|Job Title:||Technical Writer|
|Qualifications:||Technical Writer• A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or technical communication.
• 5 to 8 years experience.
• A thorough understanding of the publishing process and the ability to work with raw engineering data and develop it into end-user documentation.
• Experience using Style Guides such as Chicago Manual of Style and the Microsoft Manual of Style.
• Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet scheduled deadlines.
• Excellent ability to work either in a team environment or individually when required.
• Excellent working knowledge of desktop publishing tools such as FrameMaker, and/or on-line help systems such as Robohelp.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Preferable additional skill: graphic design and illustration
• Preferable experience: Engineering or software work experience.
• Preferable characteristics: A “can do” attitude with a strong desire to get the job done well.
|Description:||Technical Writer• Author PDF and web-based communication artifacts that support PCB and ASIC products for the Data Storage Business Unit
• Deliver a compelling end-to-end user experience for Data Storage documentation—by assessing the needs of the customer and prioritizing the in-demand features for the documentation and using feedback to iteratively improving the product documentation.
• Actively participate in staff meetings and bring ideas that deliver more value to Marvell and its customers
|Profession:||Engineering – General|