Full-Time Technical Writer (San Jose, CA)
GP Strategies is a global performance improvement company providing a full spectrum of custom training, engineering, environmental and support services. Our clients include leading Global 500 companies and government organizations. We employ more than 2400 professionals who are the best in their fields.
TECHNICAL WRITER JOB OVERVIEW: Develops, writes and edits material for maintenance, installation and operations manuals and related technical and administrative publications
- Technical Writing experience
- Hands-on experience in Framemaker and MS Word
- Adobe Framemaker proficiency
- Preferred experience in the Semiconductor industry but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe production, developmental and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Interview production, maintenance and engineering personnel and read journals, reports and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Review manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance and service of equipment.
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure and production sequence and detail.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to designated standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Review published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding. Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate material and assists in laying out material for publication.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE: 5 Years’
EDUCATION: 2 Year Associates Degree or Equivalent
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to work in office environment daily and visit clean room production environment to observe equipment operations and maintenance
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.