This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
26 Nov 2012
Full-Time Technical Writer (San Francisco, CA)
- Create user friendly, easy to follow technical documentation for ngmoco’s software platform, ngCore.
- Work with engineers to gather technical information and produce programming guides, API references and other technical documents used both internally and by the Mobage development community.
- 3-5 years of experience producing technical documents for software development.
- Experience writing API level documentation.
- Experience writing development guides for external audiences.
- Be able switch easily between speaking engineering tech speak, to explaining complex ideas in simple terminology for a non-tech audience.
- Have the skills to develop code samples for API documentation
- Be able to validate API documentation by writing test code
Other Key Attributes
- A passion for social games and social networks.
- Familiarity with XML markup and DITA an advantage.
- Comfort working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Appreciation for being part of a fast-paced startup environment—an interest in working with a small team to document software used by millions of people every day.
- Strong communication and time management skills—the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
- A relentless passion for creating industry leading products and the highest quality user experiences.
Please send writing samples (must include an API documentation sample) with your resume.