Full-Time Technical Writer (San Francisco, CA)
Our mission is simple: create software that allows users to have an immediate connection with their money through the power of mobile. Our industry-leading SaaS-based mobile banking solution is revolutionizing how financial institutions and businesses connect with their customers and reinventing how consumers interact and manage their finances. At mFoundry, we believe it takes more than delivering a product in a box, it requires a passionate and dedicated workforce to develop influential and game-changing products and services.
Are you interested in joining a company whose products are used by millions, where innovation and ideas are celebrated, and where the work is meaningful and challenging? One that pushes the boundaries and sets trends rather than follows them? A work culture that promotes a true meritocracy, and where accountability is the standard? Then mFoundry is the place for you. Join us as we advance into new verticals and share our vision to connect the world through the power of mobile. Let’s innovate together.
mFoundry is looking for a Technical Writer to expand and improve our knowledge base, documentation and information published to our stakeholders and customers. In this role, you will translate complex concepts into clear, accurate and consistent communications to our team, partners and customers.
This role will report to a Product Manager with a focus on support. You will apply your deep understanding of software development to produce technical and functional documentation for engineers, support and onboarding staff. As a member of the product management team, you will work directly with all product managers to review, edit and develop our customer-facing information.
- Ensure core mobile banking product documentation is accurate and complete.
- Identify and create new areas of content to provide better support for internal stakeholders, customers, and partners.
- Expand and grow the publishing model and documentation templates within the software release cycle.
- Work as part of product sprint teams to support release documentation.
- Collaborate directly with engineering and quality assurance staff to understand product details and implementation.
- Contribute, review and edit release notes, user guides, configuration guides, integration guides, and branding guidelines.
- Elaborate API reference material and SDK documentation.
- Refine existing documentation based on qualitative and quantitative analysis including customer feedback, usage patterns and other available inputs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A proven track record successfully creating and managing technical documentation.
- 5+ years experience in technical writing role.
mFoundry values our employees and we support them with a comprehensive and multi-faceted benefits program that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Generous health benefits consisting of:
- HMO & PPO medical plan options with premiums covered at 85% for employees and 95% for dependents
- Dental benefits plan, with premiums covered at 85% for employees and 95% for dependents
- Vision benefits plan, with premiums covered at 100% for both employees and dependents
- Life insurance plan, long-term disability program and accidental death and dismemberment coverage, with premiums covered at 100% for employees
- Annual flexible spending account
- 401k saving program plus company matching plan
- Commuter program
- Credit Union program
In addition, mFoundry’s vacation package includes:
- 14 calendar holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Unlimited paid sick days
- Paid bereavement leave
- Paid new parents leave
Other perks include free parking at the Larkspur office, a fully stocked kitchen and frequent employee events, such as bowling, Frisbee golf and company picnics.
mFoundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual phone calls. Thank you for your consideration.