Full-Time Technical Writer (San Diego, CA)
Date: Apr 18, 2013
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Title: Technical Writer
Category: Consulting / Business / Functional
City: San Diego, California, United StatesJob Description: Technical WriterStanley Associates (wholly owned subsidiary of CGI Federal) is looking for a Technical Writer to work in our San Diego, CA location. The successful candidate for this position shall have experience in researching military specifications and standards, content development, technical writing, and editing in order to create technical documentation based on information provided from various agency representatives. The position requires excellent writing and communication skills in interacting with technical personnel. The individual must have the ability to work independently and take a proactive role in improving processes and procedures, ensuring the approach is effectively implemented and enforced. An expert level understanding of FrameMaker and Microsoft Word document tools is an essential requirement for this position. Duties Include:
– -Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
– -Contribute knowledge, analytical skills, and interpretation of the information to be captured on the document
– -Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
– -Collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure the clarity of purpose, scope, and accuracy of document content
– -Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
– -Initiate document review and approval workflows according to the corresponding Quality Assurance procedures
– -Ensure a consistent style of presentation of documents to maintain quality and ease of review
– -Track changes through final implementation utilizing the CRM form
– -Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
– -Review/QA program documentation to ensure conformance to established standards defined by the program.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of Three (3) years technical document development experience required.
– Ability to successfully complete the CGI Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment; Additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records Checks may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment.
– Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
– Frame Maker Software experience required.
– Proven excellent spoken and written English
– Strong verbal, presentation and analytical thinking skills
– Documented excellence in advanced features of FrameMaker and Microsoft Word and ability to work effectively with a document management system.
– Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and complete high-quality documents on aggressive timelines
– Experience in SPAWAR ashore and/or afloat C4I systems development environment.
– Experience in military C4I, communications, and networking systems.
– Experience with practices and guidelines of Department of Defense Instruction 5000.01 and 5000.02.
– Experience in information technology, information systems, and/or communication systems development, integration and operation.
– Proficient in:
MS Office Suite
Camtasia At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company – one that has grown to 71,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients – and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
– Communication (Oral/Written)
– Sec Clear AUS: Secret
– Technical Writing
– Adobe Photoshop
– Microsoft Office
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segments: Technical Writer, Photography, Graphic Design, Consulting, Information Systems, Technology, Creative