Full-Time Technical Writer (Richardson, TX)
NICE Systems (NASDAQ: NICE)is the worldwide leader of intent-based solutions that capture and analyze interactions, transactions and intent, extracting and leveraging insights to deliver impact in real time. More than 25,000 organizations across 150+ countries are using NICE solutions (including over 80 of the Fortune 100 companies!) to enhance customer experiences, prevent online financial crime or to alert security forces to a potential public threat.
Responsibilities include working with the Technical Publications team to develop the customer documentation for our industry-leading NICE IEX Workforce Management product. NICE IEX WFM is a forecasting, scheduling, and performance analysis tool that provides customers with a complete, system-wide view of their contact center. The selected candidate will plan, write, update, and publish documentation for the product. The selected candidate will have assigned areas of product responsibility and will be expected to develop expertise in those areas to effectively enhance and support product documentation. The selected candidate will execute and complete work according to developed writing standards and processes.
- BS / BA Degree required – Engineering, CS, or related field and 3+ years work experience.
- Technical writing background with an understanding of the software development lifecycle and the deliverables created during the development lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills, creative thinking ability, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, initiative, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills, self-motivated, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with relevant technical writing tools and industry standard best practices and methodologies
- Dedication to customer satisfaction
- Write clear and concise technical documentation using open collaboration based on the functionality described in feature story descriptions, existing specifications, and documentation.
- Work closely with the technical publications team and Subject Matter Experts including software developers, QA, and other technical staff members.
- Work in a fast-paced environment while completing writing projects according to agreed upon schedules.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Estimate time required to complete tasks, provide regular updates on any variances.
- Attend scrum meetings and track feature team progress. Can take on multiple projects at once.
- Proactively work with other team members as needed to resolve issues and help team meet project goals.
- Produce concise, well-organized documentation that requires little peer editing.
- Foster teamwork within the group, help others (e.g., by voluntarily sharing information needed) to achieve project goals.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.