Full-Time Technical Writer & Project Manager (Minneapolis, MN)
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Responsible for developing technical customer and internal communications for U.S. Bank SinglePoint that supports the acquisition and retention of U.S. Bank Wholesale Banking clients. U.S. Bank SinglePoint is a robust suite of online treasury management services for businesses.
Be part of a team environment with more than 600 division employees and 65,000 + bank-wide employees dispersed across the United States.
· Write, edit and maintain content for context-sensitive online help system. Write and edit other technical documentation including user guides, release communications, system messages and system requirements.
· Program and test online help functionality using RoboHelp HTML. Manage and track updates related to ongoing system releases.
· Interface regularly with Marketing, product manager subject matter experts, sprint team members including business analysts and developers, and operations analysts.
· Prepare final documents for publishing and deliver for production.
· Ensure documents adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format and style.
· Maintain ongoing online content help schedules with assignments and deadlines. Track and report on content status to ensure readiness for releases.
· Manage to agile development timelines and escalate when deadlines are at risk.
· Degree in English, Technical Communications or related field
· 5-10 years’ experience with technical communications and projects
· Exceptional grammar and copy editing skills
· Experience with managing large documents, online help authoring tools (such as RoboHelp) and Web site architecture and development (HTML and CSS).
· Excellent project management skills including the ability to manage aggressive timelines and multiple complex projects
· Strong understanding of client needs and experience acting as client advocate
· Strong leadership skills to work effectively with internal customers across the organization and to keep projects moving, ensure standards are maintained, solve problems and deliver quality results
· Excellent team player and works well with others to gain project engagement
· Self-motivated and able to take a lead role in all assigned projects
· Experience with Agile development process
Experience in financial industry, with background in business financial concerns.
Job Project Management / Analysis
Primary Location Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week 40