Full-Time Technical Writer – Productivity Apps – 200040533
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
Apple’s Apps team is looking for a high-energy, highly motivated technical writer to contribute to current and future apps. We’re looking for a writer who has experience working with consumer apps, is able to work well within a cross-functional team, and has a strong understanding of UX design.
* Understand and be able to document complex apps, including desktop, iOS, and web apps.
* Be familiar with documenting app interaction workflow and UI.
* Have aptitude with both API-level user documentation and higher level technical guides and feature briefs.
* Have excellent composition and grammar skills.
* Detail-oriented, analytical, methodical AND creative thinker committed to driving quality forward
* Be an exceptional great teammate able to work with design, engineering, and business teams to gather information.
* Understand the software life cycle.
* Manage documentation schedules, reviews, and approval process.
* Work with minimal direction toward predetermined goals, and be able to quickly become proficient with new tools and software.
* Independently anticipate and resolve problems in a dynamic application development team environment.
* Love technical writing!
The technical writer is responsible for capturing and documenting the following for use by engineering, QA, UI design, customer support, and external developers:
* detailed app specifications
* functional requirements
* technical reference materials
* how-to documentation and tools
* BS/BA degree required in English, Communication, Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Writing, or other related degree.
* Preferred — 3+ years of technical writing experience with complex software apps, or a master’s degree in Technical Communication. Familiarity with Agile or Scrum Framework a plus.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: