|The Technical Writer is responsible for research, writing, and production of user manuals, technical reference manuals, and release notes for APCON hardware and software products.
- Gather technical information, work with Subject Matter Experts to clarify and describe features and functions. Study internal specifications, block diagrams, drawings, parts lists, training materials, and prototypes of products. Hands-on use of APCON hardware (switches, blades, and SFPs) and various software interfaces to verify and document features and operations.
- Write content that describes the technology, competitive features, and sequence of installation, configuration, and operating procedures. Provide editing support for engineers and others.
- Create screenshots and diagrams to illustrate procedures. Work with Marketing to prepare photographs, drawings, and other graphics to best illustrate new features in the manuals and be consistent with Marketing documentation (data sheets, brochures).
- Prepare a complete draft for technical review and work with Engineering, Software Quality Assurance, Professional Services (technical support) and Marketing to ensure technical accuracy and completeness of information. Revise and edit as required.
- Submit the final electronic and printed documentation to Manufacturing for routing and
sign-off through the ECO process. Work with Marketing and Manufacturing to distribute final product documentation, and with Marketing to post on the corporate Support Site.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes to scope, format, and content. Propose reorganization of existing or new/supplemental documentation as needed.
- Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in English.
- Extensive written and verbal communication skills focusing on a range of technical documentation. Must follow generally-accepted industry standards and practices for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and terminology as well as clarity, conciseness, and corporate style.
- Demonstrate flexibility in managing multiple documentation projects with varying release schedules. Ability to work in a collaborative environment to gather information, as well as work independently to produce documentation and manage technical reviews of assigned projects.
- Adept at learning new technology and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have minimum of 3-5 years’ experience using Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Microsoft Word for Windows. Knowledge of templates required. Adobe InDesign experience desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience using graphics programs for documentation (such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visio, MS Paint, or similar programs).
- BS or BA Degree (English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or related fields) or equivalent training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in writing and editing technical documentation for products or projects of similar complexity.
- Networking or telecomm experience desirable.
Grow beyond today’s technology – APCON is a pioneer in the field of flexible network switching technology. APCON products play a key role in ensuring that data networks across the globe remain secure and fully operational – around the clock, without fail – including those that support online banking, stock trades, shopping, video streams, media downloads, and more.
If you want to work at the forefront of technology, we invite you to learn more about APCON.
Packet Aggregation Switching, Aggregation and Filtering, Network Monitoring Productivity Solutions, Enterprise Network Solutions, Data Center Solutions, Test Lab Automation