||GENERAL SUMMARY:Primarily responsible for assessing, designing, testing, and deploying effective learning systems. This role will manage tactical aspects of fulfilling the responsibilities of managing the instructional content design & development of leadership solutions for all levels of the organization. Lead an internal project team in planning, implementing, and monitoring a variety of design & development projects and programs that are tied to Raising Cane’s business objectives. In addition, this position will oversee the introduction, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of training and development curriculums. Evaluate the integrity and effectiveness of development programs.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the instructional design, development, edit/updating, piloting and implementation of learning systems.
- Assures instructional design of materials and resources, in addition to related processes and procedures are linked and measurable to Raising Cane’s organizational objective
- Partners with Operators, Training Leads, RSO Crewmembers, and external partnerships to ensure training programs align with organizational goals.
- Manages the consistency and execution of the curriculum development process map.
- Builds the right instructional design for a training solution, based on the initial and on-going need assessments.
- Oversees curriculum design & development functional requirements to support the organization, meeting cost and budgetary goals.
- Keeps current with industry best practices, blended learning resources, and benchmarked solutions related to the design & development of training content; applies new and innovative ways to design and develop training content to field audience.
- Works with Operations and the Training Lead’s on a collaborative basis to promote fundamental levels of standardization, building of team interaction, and leveraging of joint interests.
- Understands internal and third party e-learning development environments; understands the e-learning development skills, software, and processes required to develop cost-effective and instructionally sound online solutions.
- Leverages the Training Lead’s and Operations to understand the technical capabilities and application in both training and operations.
- Manages the consistency of documentation and presentation templates for all current and new materials (including but not limited to learner and instructor guides, presentations, reference documents, and e-learning and other learning resources).
- Demonstrates effective fiscal management (specifically development & consulting).
- Conducts needs analysis to identify the most effective training methods to coach and develop Crewmembers and Managers.
- Identifies the Return on Investment (ROI) and recommends ways to maximize the cost effectiveness of all training initiatives.
- Presents effective solutions to field-based needs.
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a Crewmember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Crewmembers with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deliver results under heavy pressure deadlines
- Must maintain disciplined time management and follow-up work to completion
- Strong communication, team leadership/management and team development skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently lead complex, large scale initiatives
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional project teams, influence proactively with mutual respect developing trust and interdependently develop strategic and tactical plans
- Capable of delivering results vs. activities; having an action orientation
- Must have problem solving skills to remove obstacles, conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced, consumer brand organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exercises good judgment in decision making
- Open to feedback and to self improvement
- Holds self accountable for high personal standards of conduct and professionalism.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for change management, curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and adult learners, and measurement of training results
- Exceptional organizational, verbal, listening, and written skills.
- Able to organize complex projects and implement plans for accomplishing challenging objectives
- Understand and apply standard levels of learning measurement and evaluation
- Understand and apply best-practice methodologies of instructional design
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher)
- Able to communicate with clients, in addition to managing a team of individuals, in remote environments
- Possesses excellent presentation skills (creation; delivery)
- Work experience in the restaurant and/or hospitality industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of project management experience strongly preferred.
- Aptitude to do computer work on a daily basis, minimum of 5 hours per day
- Desktop publishing experience