Full-Time Technical Writer (Plano, TX)
Phytel is the premier company empowering provider-led population health improvement providing care teams with proven technology to deliver timely, coordinated care to their patients. The company is one of healthcare’s fastest growing companies and has been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Dallas/Fort Worth area by The Dallas Morning News.
Phytel’s clients include many of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations in the country. Phytel holds a leadership position in the automated population health improvement market with over 15,000 physicians and over 25 million patients within the Phytel registry.
The Technical Writer will be a member of the Product Management organization, involved in the building of population health management tools. The Technical Writer is responsible for creating all product-related documentation, including end-user documentation, product release notes, product specifications, and product configuration and administration documentation. They work directly with all product owners to understand new features or modifications affecting product functionality and configuration, and ensuring communication of those to both the implementation and configuration teams. May also be involved in creating and maintain product-related process documentation.
Duties to include:
- Work with product owners and trainers to develop and maintain end-user, administrative, and configuration documentation for all customer-facing and internal user documentation, including product release notes
- Develop documentation and style standards and ensures all documentation meets requirements
- Facilitate cross-functional discussions to solicit accurate information, capture requirements and review comments, and verify accuracy of documentation
- Develop printed material that leverages existing online material.
- Interface with the scrum teams, implementation, sales, and support organization to deliver user guides, specifications, and any other material that will assist end users with the understanding, configuration, implementation, and use of our product.
- Ensure product documentation needs are completed to coincide with product release schedules.
- Collaborate with the team to learn software as well as maintain current on changes and new features.
- Minimum three years experience in the technical or instructional documentation field, with experience creating end-user documentation, engineering documentation, and training modules for software products (Must be able to show work product samples)
- Solid knowledge of the documentation process from design to commercial release
- Strong organizational, writing, interviewing, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to turn complex concepts into understandable documentation
- Ability to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, and successfully interact with others at all levels.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment in prioritizing own work and communicating about workload and schedule with others.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Provides estimates and target dates for all assignments.
- Meets deadlines, notifying manager of issues and risk.
- Organizes material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Excellent creative and technical writing, editing and coordination skills
- Stays abreast of technical communications trends and authoring software.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience, with demonstrated expertise in Instructional Design, Technical Writing, or its equivalent.