Full-Time Technical Writer (New York, NY)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the development and production of a variety of documents to include All Hazards Plans and Hazard Specific Annexes.
- Assists with the development of work plans and spend plans, and statistical analyses.
- Writes and edits the results of surveys and statistical studies.
- Prepares minutes of facilitation meetings and produces meeting summary reports.
- Writes and edits material for online access and dissemination via the internet/intranet.
- Provides project support related to project plans, design plans, test plans, etc.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop project related material (e.g., Project Plan, Design Plan, Test Plan, etc.)
- Perform document quality assurance by reviewing and editing documentation materials, incoming and outgoing, for accuracy, consistency, repeatability, and detail
- Assist Program Managers, Project Leads, Team Leads, and associated personnel with creating and disseminating written materials
- Maintain and update the supporting documentation (Functional and Technical) for the project
- Scribe minutes of meetings to preserve the actions items, commitments, and discussion held in meetings
Required Minimum Experience:
- Six (6) years of experience writing and editing publications, including technical documents such as needs assessments, productivity improvement plans, quality assurance/quality control plans, research reports, and statistical analyses
- Excellent writing skills required, as is the ability to analyze, synthesize, and condense text that includes survey terminology and is intended for use by non-technical lay audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience writing and editing publications distributed by government clients following style guidelines and printing regulations of the Government Printing Office
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain a NACI clearance
enGenius Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
M / F / D / V