Full-Time Technical Writer (New York, NY)
* With input from subject matter experts, write and revise standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions and user reference guides for safety and regulatory systems and processes
* Copyedit, proofread, and format documents for clarity and visual appeal while adhering strictly to both widely accepted (AMA, Chicago Manual) and internal style and editorial guidelines
* Interact with colleagues at a multiple sites globally using Web collaboration software
* Navigate test systems to collect screenshots to match precise scenarios
* Compare content across sections and other documents to ensure consistency of content, language and style
* Reconcile and incorporate comments from multiple reviewers
* Upload documents to the corporate document management system, ensure accuracy of metadata, route documents for electronic approval and supervise document life cycles
* Manage and maintain a database of active document revision projects, including their basic purpose, status and timelines
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Firm grasp of English grammar, usage, and style
* Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to diplomatically resolve differences between stakeholders from different business functions
* Familiarity with content management and collaboration tools such as SharePoint and
* Minimum of five years of writing or copyediting experience in a medical or healthcare field
* Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism (or related humanities field) and/or the life sciences
* Desirable: Understanding of the drug development process and of the nature and goals of pharmacovigilance
* Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects
* Keen eye for detail and a track record of delivering high quality work with a minimum of errors
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing situations and work well under pressure.
* Fluency in Microsoft Office applications, especially advanced MS Word functions such as styles, tracked changes, comparing and merging documents, section breaks, hyperlinks, tables of contents
* Familiarity and comfort with databases such as MS Access, and an ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
* Desirable: Familiarity with HTML and fundamentals of Web publishing
* Desirable: Familiarity with MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, SnagIt and an aptitude for graphic design and clean visual presentation
Driven by a commitment to achieving outstanding results, Pioneer Data Systems has consistently upheld superior standards of quality, producing the right candidates for the job. With the goal of not just meeting, but exceeding our clients’ expectations, we have evolved into a trusted and proven provider of talent acquisition solutions.
Our original area of focus was providing professional services for Oracle databases. As an Oracle Partner Network Member, we expanded our services to include ; Data Warehousing, CRM, ERP, E-Business Solutions and Systems Integration. As a market leader, we were recognized as a “New Jersey Technology Fast 50” company by Deloitte & Touche.
Over the years we have leveraged our expertise in the IT space and have diversified across market sectors, now catering to a wide range of practice areas, including Pharmaceutical / Clinical Research, Engineering, Accounting and Finance. Many of our clients include Fortune 500 companies that have been trusting us to deliver the highest quality talent for well over a decade.