Full-Time Technical Writer (New York, NY)
Media entrepreneur Robert F.X. Sillerman founded Viggle after pioneering a number of successful television, radio and live entertainment ventures. Mr. Sillerman created the company in June 2010 to develop businesses, products and services that encourage consumers to engage with different types of entertainment content such as TV, movies, games and music.
Launched in January 2012, Viggle is a free second screen media platform that rewards its members for watching their favorite TV shows. Viggle enhances TV with interactive games like Viggle LIVE and the first ever real-time fantasy sports game MyGuy. Viggle members get rewarded for their TV time from places like Best Buy, Papa John’s, Fandango, Hulu Plus and Groupon, among others. Viggle also allows like-minded fans of their favorite shows to connect through Viggle Chatter features. Viggle’s audio verification technology recognizes shows on TV and allows members to check into live and DVR’d TV content from more than 170 of the most popular broadcast and cable channels.
Why work at Viggle?
- Our workspace is open, the team is small, and collaboration is encouraged. You’ll have the ability to connect directly with other teams to share knowledge and affect the decision-making process
- You get direct exposure to the public at a massive scale. Everything you do will affect millions of people who love using our app!
- Viggle is an open-minded company and we love to experiment with technology. You’ll get the chance to implement cutting-edge tools and techniques if they are the right tool for the job
Our development processes are agile and transparent. Flexibility is the name of the game!
This individual contributor will be responsible for working across the various development groups, helping to facilitate the documentation of the design of Viggle’s core software systems. The candidate is expected to have a sound understanding of the software development life cycle and possess good insight into how software designs are recorded. This person will be responsible for creating design documents for other developers on the team for use in future development planning and onboarding of new personnel. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills. The position interacts with all Engineering development teams. The role’s focus is to assist the company in building a repository of knowledge about its current and future software systems.
- Authoring technical documents related to the functionality and design of the company’s software.
- Preparation of template documents for future designs and specifications.
- Work with Software Quality Assurance (SQA) to draft appropriate systems test plans.
- Interact with other engineering teams and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Technical Writer.
- Proficiency in Object Oriented design concepts.
- Experience with predominant software design diagram formats (e.g. UML, Booch)
- Demonstrated proficiency with document drafting software such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Visio (or equivalent).
- Strong knowledge of the assets produced during the software development lifecycle and their requisite components (i.e. Product Requirements, Functional Specifications, Architecture, Detailed Design)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other software engineers and teams to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and require minimal supervision.
- Experience in TCP/IP and UDP networking protocols and architectures.
- The ability to acquire domain knowledge quickly.
- Experience with both Mac and PC environments and document drafting software.
- Producing documents by interview using dynamic design sessions.
- Experience with common software quality assurance methodologies.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
About Viggle Inc.
The company, Viggle Inc. (Symbol: VGGL), was originally named Function(x) Inc. The Company changed its corporate name to Viggle Inc., and its stock symbol to VGGL in June 2012.
For more information, follow us on Twitter @Viggle or like us on Facebook.
Viggle is an equal opportunity employer. Viggle recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.