Full-Time Technical Writer (Mountain View, CA)
HyTrust is seeking a technical writer to create user documentation, knowledge base articles and API documentation for one or more of our products. This is a full-time on-site position based in Mountain View, California.
We expect the candidate to work independently to gather information directly from software developers and support team to write complete manuals from scratch. The writer should be prepared to gain in-depth product knowledge through hands-on experience.
In addition to typical documentation tasks, the Technical Writer will be asked to do the following:
- Install and use the product to better understand the technical issues that need to be documented.
- Work closely with the development team, attend regular SCRUM meetings, and represent the interests of the writing group.
- Review and suggest improvements to developer-generated content in the form of documents, demos, videos, and so on before the material is provided to the user community.
Candidates should have:
- 5-7 years technical writing experience with an eye for details.
- A good understanding of programming concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- FrameMaker, Visio, Acrobat familiarity.
- An ability to act as a writer, editor, and peer reviewer.
Experience in the following is not required, but strongly desired:
- Either educational or practical experience in Java, Perl, Shell Scripting
- Knowledge or experience with VMware vCenter, ESX(i) Server and Nexus 1000v
- Knowledge or experience working on routing protocols, TCP/UDP/IP, policy routing, L2/L3 planning
- Knowledgeable with Rest APIs and Json.
- Knowledge or experience with XML and Agile SCRUM process
- Technical Certifications (VMware VCP, CCNA, MCSE, etc.)
For more information about the company, please visit our web site: http://www.hytrust.com/
Salary is negotiable based on experience and/or qualifications. HyTrust provides a complete compensation package including stock options, health insurance benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision) and a 401k program with company matching.