Full-Time Technical Writer (Mountain View, CA)
Sportvision, Inc. is a privately held corporation whose solutions enhance experiences for fans, media and marketing partners of the NFL, NBA, NASCAR, NHL, PGA TOUR, LPGA Tour, Major League Baseball, NCAA football and basketball, WTA, Major League Soccer and other sporting events on-air and online. The company has captured ten Emmy Awards for its products, including three for its signature broadcast enhancements, the iconic virtual yellow 1st & Ten® line and K-Zone™. We were voted one of the World’s Top 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2010 by Fast Company.
Our Technical Writer will be responsible for producing internal, developer-oriented documentation for our complex product suite. This person will facilitate interviews with subject matter experts, develop clear, technically accurate documentation, and be able drive the testing cycle to ensure the quality of the documentation. Setup and maintenance of the documentation library during the product lifecycle is a must have. You will be responsible for maintaining the company’s technical document repository and making sure it’s available and accessible.You will need to be a self-starter and a quick learner in this role, but you’ll be working along side some of the smartest people in the Bay Area.
- Identify documentation needs through interviews across the organization.
- Own the entire documentation set, including architecture, writing, editing and testing.
- Effectively manage multiple documentation priorities.
- Develop and document best practices for the upkeep of the documentation library.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Certifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working with a software development team writing technical documentation.
- Preferred Bachelors degree in Technical Communication or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to write documentation that is concise and technically accurate.
- Ability to quickly learn technology and effectively explain it in a few words.
- Solid understanding of software engineering
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages, including C/C++Interest and knowledge of sports a plus.
We work in a casual, fast paced, mentally demanding and results-oriented environment. You may be expected to travel unexpectedly to sporting events and work long hours for an extended period of time.
This position includes competitive compensation, full benefits, and perks including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), stock, commuter bus subsidy, fun company events and celebrations.