Full-Time Technical Writer (Maplewood, MN)
Organization: Safety & Graphics Business Gro
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking two (2) Technical Writer’s for the Display and Graphics Business, Traffic Safety and Security Division, Motor Vehicle Systems & Services (MVSS) Group.
Job Summary: The person hired for the position of Technical Writer will primarily be responsible for writing MVSS request for proposal (RFP) responses, bids, and request for information (RFI) responses for government issued requests or competitive solicitations. This individual will also be responsible for working closely with the Proposal Managers and subject matter experts to develop content. Role requires excellent writing and editing skills and an attention to detail.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Reports to Contracts and Agreements Manager and works closely with Proposal Manager assigned to proposal opportunity. Works in a team environment with other technical writers, proposal coordinators, graphic designers, and delivery, sales, and business team members.
– Develops and maintains boilerplate content and library structure and manages ongoing review of with subject matter experts.
– Transforms boilerplate content into responses that align with requirements of the RFP.
– Coordinates and compiles proposal content based on input from subject matter experts and business leaders.
– Develops new content responses that align with requirements of the RFP and business objectives.
– Work with subject matter experts to understand concepts and translates concepts into well written response to RFP requirement.
– Incorporates review comments into proposal text.
– Coordinates and performs editing of proposal for grammar, active voice, consistency, clarity and conformance to style guide.
Location: The person hired for the position of Technical Writer will be located in Maplewood, MN and relocation assistance will not be available.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
– Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited university
– Minimum three years of experience in a technical writer role
– Bachelor degree or higher in English, Communications, Information Technology, or Business from an accredited university.
– Experience with government procurement processes and drafting responses to proposals.
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
– Expert in Microsoft Word with the ability to manage versions, create a table of contents, headers/footers, format tables, referential figures, develop and format tables.
– Experience using Adobe InDesign.
– Experience with software and services solutions, public sector transportation, tolling, parking, law enforcement industry, and/or the motor vehicle industry.
– Extensive written, oral and interpersonal communication abilities with strong attention to detail.
– Ability to complete work assignments based on strict customer defined timelines, working comfortably under pressure.
– Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
– Meticulous attention to detail.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $29.9 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6 or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.