Full-Time Technical Writer (Los Angeles, CA)
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for developing content for Belkin’s Customer Support Website and Social Media channels. This position works with various internal teams to create customer support content and provides direct customer support over Belkin’s Social Media channels.
How you’ll do it
- Create online documentation for using and trouble-shooting Belkin products
- Monitor Social Media channels and respond to customer support inquiries
- Illustrate content as required with appropriate diagrams and screen captures
- Translate technical jargon into easy to understand language
- Assist team in migrating legacy content to current standards
- Ensure content is error free and concise to provide a positive experience for our consumers
What you’ll need
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and communities
- Ability to handle multiple projects with limited oversight and adapt to changing priorities
- Proven team player and ability to work well with others
- Strong presence and maturity
- Experience with MS Office Suite and Graphic Editor (Snag-it, Photoshop, Paint)
- Experience with a Knowledge Management System such as RightNow or Sales Force a plus
- 3+ years experience in a similar role developing troubleshooting guides and FAQs
- College degree preferred.
What you’ve done
- Stay up to speed on new technology and social media trends
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations
- Perform all other duties as assigned or required
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.belkin.com/careers
For creative roles, please ensure to have a link to your portfolio.