Full-Time Technical Writer (Lake Mary, FL)
SunGard Public Sector’s local government applications have been successfully delivering advanced, fully integrated solutions to public sector organizations for nearly thirty years. Our government information technologies address the business requirements of cities and counties, public and private utilities, public safety and justice agencies, and not-for-profit organizataions. Dedicated to serving municipalities worldwide, SunGard Public Sector’s market-leading products provide back-office integration, address wireless computing requirements of field personnel, and support the end-to-end delivery of electronic access to citizens and businesses. For public safety & justice agencies, SunGard Public Sector solutions offer system-wide integration and interoperability for computer-aided dispatch, records management, mobile computing, and jails management.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to work with a team of software application developers to prepare technical documentation for SunGard Public Sector customers. The ideal member we would like to add to our team will be an expert at one or more industry standard documentation tools and passionate about great communication via their work product. We work diligently to give our customers an excellent experience and written work products are key to that experience.
Role and Responsibilities
Works with development team members throughout draft and final publication to produce finished documents and deliverables.
Regular involvement (daily) with developers, testers and others to understand technical and functional issues.
Responsible for applying industry and domain standards to document items such as:
- development and test artifacts
- user guides and standards
- functional specifications and business rules
Copy/Edit documents to ensure correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure and usage.
Rewrites text of previously prepared manuscripts to rearrange, reword and generally strengthen material for client’s review and approval.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years software documentation experience
- Software type industry background in technical writing
- Understanding of the Agile Scrum software development methodology
- Working knowledge of MS Excel
- Documentation preparation in HTML format
- Experience with MadCap Flare and MindTouch.com a plus
- Very detailed-oriented and highly organized
- Good communications skills in order to facilitate information, including both developers and customers
- Self-empowered with desire to work in a fast-paced environment