Internship Technical Writer Internship (Durham, NC)
We are looking for an intern to join our team. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong technical aptitude combined with excellent writing skills; for example, a liberal arts degree and demonstrated interest in web technologies or a computer science degree and demonstrated writing ability.
This is a temporary position from now until the end of December 2013.
* Bachelor’s degree
* At least one year of work experience
* Knowledge of HTML
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Outstanding proofreading skills
* A degree or coursework in technical communication
* Experience with digital video and screencasts
* Experience creating technical documentation: technical writing, technical editing, desktop publishing
* Experience with XML and/or DITA
* Additional language proficiencies
* An interest in either cooking or eating
Our intern will be responsible for supporting client projects with proofreading, editing, and the like. Additional duties, as time permits, may include the following:
* Producing the monthly newsletter
* Updating the web site
* Recording webcasts and making recordings available online
* Troubleshooting hardware and software problems
* Testing and validating scripts written by our consultants
This internship is a full-time, paid, temporary position.
Interns must be in the Triangle area and work in our office.