Full-Time Technical Writer II – Manufacturing R&D Engineer (Houston, TX)
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
TECHNICAL WRITER II JOB SCOPE
Develop, write and edit material for operation and maintenance manuals in support of our product line.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observes production, developmental and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Interviews production and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Reviews manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance and service.
- Studies blueprints, flow charts, sketches, drawings, parts list, specifications, mock ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- May maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- May select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate material.
- May assist in laying out material for publication.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
General to advanced computer skills in Microsoft products
Must be proficient in Adobe
5 years of technical manual creating and/or editing experience for mechanical systems
Bachelors degree in Mechanical Technology or other related subject