This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
24 Dec 2012
Full-Time Technical Writer (Houston, TX)
Aggreko is a global leader in providing temporary power generation, temperature control and oil-free compressed air systems. Founded in 1962, (www.aggreko.com) prides itself in inspiring confidence to its customers through equipment, services, relationships and the knowledge that always gets the job done.
We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Writer in Houston, TX to join our growing Learning Department. This person will:
- Produce technical training for an industry leading temporary power and cooling company supporting a wide range of industries.
- Be a mechanically minded writer who enjoys large power, heating and cooling equipment and thrives in a fast paced high energy environment.
- Spend significant face time with engineers and technicians.
- Bring Aggreko solutions to customers by balancing the technical training needs.
- Work as an integral part of the development team to research, plan, and produce content for enterprise classroom and online training and performance support
- Interact with multiple departments to ensure that the information needs of customers, partners, and internal personnel are met
- Produce useful, accurate, workbooks, class manuals and easy to understand work instructions in a work group environment that necessitates working closely with technical experts, technicians and instructional designers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Has a good understanding of portable power generation and air conditioning.
- Ability to learn and absorb technical material quickly
- Experience in producing content in the absence of specifications, using a combination of interviews and hands-on access to the product
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment in which priorities and deliverables change
- Reliable to work independently, while maintaining consistency with the goals and direction of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and writing ability including the ability to track action items and work with and establish procedures
- Experience with training, education or with developing online as well as classroom materials
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive base salary, plus bonus, profit sharing
- Company benefit plans (medical, dental, life, disability, vision)
- Paid leave (vacation, personal)
- 401K plan with company match
- Company provided laptop, cell phone