Full-Time Technical Writer (Houston, TX)
- Develop and maintain technical product documentation including technical articles, white papers, help files that appear in-line with company software, and user documentation for both customers and employees.
- Manage cPanel’s documentation and ensures it is up to date and usable.
- Assist in the creation of marketing material content, site content, and other customer-centric documents.
- Proofread blog posts and technical white papers.
- Review current documentation on an ongoing basis and make strategic recommendations for improving it.
- Creation of help files and videos that are used within the product.
- Written Communication – able to clearly and concisely explain complex technical data in a simple way for non-technical audiences; able to concisely explain technical data to technical audiences; able to display a meticulous attention to detail; able to edit work for spelling and grammar
- Comprehension skills – able to understand role-based scenarios; able to think as a user Planning/Organizing skills – able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner
- Adaptability – able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Computer knowledge – strong knowledge of word processing software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems; familiarity with navigating the internet
- Research skills – able to conduct independent research using a variety of methods, and ask questions about unfamiliar concepts
- Problem Solving skills – able to identify and resolve problems, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgement on regular basis in making decision
- Education / Experience
- Degree in Technical Writing or related field
- Two years technical writing and software documentation experience preferred
- Web hosting industry knowledge or equivalent is preferred
- Basic Linux operating system knowledge
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Conceptual understanding of Content Management Systems
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K with company matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties