Full-Time Technical Writer (Houston, TX)
ERM seeks a motivated Technical Writer in Houston, TX to provide project and proposal support to our Project Managers and Partners in the Americas Risk Practice. We are seeking an organized professional to apply self-initiative, positive team attitude, and technical aptitude and creativity to help our project teams produce high-quality client deliverables. The successful candidate will be confident, service-oriented, and able to relate well with diverse groups of technical professionals. This is a great opportunity to work with a global risk management and environmental leader in an exciting industry!
- Work closely with project teams to support QA/QC review and production of technical deliverables, business proposals, and other project documents.
- Perform editorial review and formatting of technical documents (word processing, spreadsheets, slideshows) in accordance with ERM company and client-specific style guidelines.
- Maintain in-house style guide.
- Coach staff:
- in the use and consistent application of the elements of style;
- in the use of templates used by the risk practice;
- in troubleshooting document formatting and template use;
- by creating and presenting learning sessions to risk staff covering the use of templates and guidelines for technical writing.
- Create and/or edit documents in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, MS Visio, MS Project, and Adobe.
- Successfully manage multiple deadline-driven assignments.
- Complete work assignments in accordance with ERM’s management system, format and quality standards, and on schedule.
- Other duties as deemed reasonable by the Americas Risk Practice partners and leaders.
- 5+ years of relevant experience; involving document review and production, including proposal/document support; experience in a professional services firm preferred.
- Technical editing skills, preferably in engineering or technical field, including strong writing and grammar skills; ability to edit for clarity, conciseness, and consistency in accordance with ERM/client style guide standards.
- Acute attention to detail with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be a self-starter.
- Ability to be dependable, flexible and organized.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, Visio, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat/Creative Suite.
- Local candidates preferred.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting and sustainability related services. We have over 140 offices in 39 countries and territories employing more than 5,000 people. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. Over the past 5 years, we have worked for more than 50 percent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.