Full-Time Technical Writer (Houston, TX)
This position requires frequent contact with other IT personnel, other Nabors departments, Nabors executives, field personnel, various Nabors corporate departments, and vendors/suppliers. This person will create or write, format, edit, and validate technical documents to include, but not limited to, Release Notes, Quick-reference Guides, User Manuals, and Help systems. The position requires that the writer acquire subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of product during development, and refer to technical specifications, blueprints, or engineering illustrations. The Technical Writer must ensure that documentation is properly stored in the company repository according to company standards.
• Research, write, edit and proofread complex technical data.
• Create, maintain and update manuals, procedures, specifications and other documents. Create, update and maintain automated test cases.
• Create, maintain and update installation instructions, training material and other technical documents.
• Design and establish style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
• Developing, writing, and updating user guides and end user content.
• Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor(s).
• Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
Adheres to company policies and work requirements.
A. Position Requirements:
• 3 years of technical writing experience or a BA/BS degree in English or Journalism. Must have demonstrable expertise in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven expertise in writing for a business/professional audience.
• Able to read technical schematics.
• Experience writing engineering documentation
• Communication or related field is an asset.
• Enthusiasm for new technologies and the latest trends in technical writing and help issues.
• Ability to work independently to often conflicting and tight deadlines, while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy.
• Experience working in the oil and gas industry is a plus.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of technical publications and graphics standards for both printed and online formats.
B. Work Requirements:
Position requires the ability to perform light physical work such as lifting and carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching, squatting, kneeling and the use of a stepladder. Ability to travel by air or car to field locations and/or supplier sites as needed (not more than 5-10%) and climb stairs to inspect equipment.
C. Disaster Recovery:
In the event of an emergency, the employee holding this position is required to work in accordance with the Nabors Disaster Recovery Plan. During or immediately following an emergency, the employee will be notified to assist in the emergency response efforts, and mobilize other staff members if needed.
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Information Technology
Education Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Manages Others No
Required Travel Up to 25%
Job ID 1300008S