Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Technical Writer (Houston, TX)
Onshore Division needs a Technical Writer with a solid background and experience in Technical Documents in the Oil and Gas Industry. Individual must know terminology, acronyms, etc. We are looking for a mid to high level person for this position. This position develops, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications in print or electronic media. Job responsibilities and duties are as described but are not limited to the following:
• Works with high integrity and complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics
• Receives assignment from supervisor
• Observes production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail
• Interviews production and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods
• Reviews manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings, and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail
• Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
• Reviews published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
• Maintains records, files and revisions
• Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
• Prepares or arranges for preparation of index
• Assists in laying out material for publication
• Arranges for formatting, reproduction, and distribution of material
• Other duties may be assigned
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer E/O/E.