Full-Time Technical Writer (Fairmont, WV)
TASC is seeking Technical Training Coordinator/Technical Writer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located on-site at a U. S. Government facility in Fairmont, WV.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence assisting the NASA Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program delivering analysis, validation and verification of mission-critical software for NASA science and human exploration programs.
You will be tasked to formulate and implement all training plans, directives, procedures and reports for a 150-person team. You will evaluate training needs for external certification programs for professionals, developing training strategies using instruction techniques and best practices to ensure our IV&V workforce has the necessary skills to accomplish the IV&V analysis tasks. You will assist in the creation of training materials while maintaining an active skills/training database for the IV&V Services Contract (ISC) team.
You will also be tasked to be the technical writer/editor for the Program. Your primary duties will be to support authors for engineering and IV&V analysis related documents, adhering to internal processes and procedures and ensuring quality control for documents submitted. You will develop report templates to facilitate standardization across the IV&V projects; create and maintain a document management/version repository and train new hires on technical writing best practices regarding writing various items such as Executive Summaries, Progress Reports, IV&V Analysis Technical Reports, Technical Issue Memorandums (TIMs), and Analysis Method Process documents, and other internal documentation.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Creative Writing or directly related field
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in MS Office, MS Publisher, SharePoint, and other related software
- Ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization and have an approachable demeanor
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities
- Must be a team player and able to collaborate well with multi-functional groups; must also function independently within team in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Candidate will be expected to provide writing samples, examples of technical documents, newsletters and/or publications
- Experience working with training teams specialized in software/engineering training a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and document software training programs and support for clients and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement training for multiple delivery mediums (eLearning, job aids, and instructor-led training).
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Familiarity with software development lifecycle and software engineering environment
• Familiarity with implementation and management of a Quality Management System with emphasis on Training and standardization to facilitate quality product delivery.
Job LocationFairmont, West Virginia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular