Full-Time Technical Writer/Editor (International Candidates Encouraged to Apply!)
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Technical Writer/Editor supports the scientific staff at the Biotechnology High-Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI) in Frederick, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to BHSAI.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing writing/editorial support in connection with all phases of the preparation and issuance of technical proposals, reports, presentations, and manuscripts. Will work in a fast-paced research environment along with 40 scientists/technical staff.
1. Edits, re-writes, and proofreads technical proposals, reports, and manuscripts (including correction of technical content, spelling, punctuation, grammar, syntax, referencing, and word usage).
2. Provides substantive scientific editing, when needed (including revision, reorganization, and interaction with the author to improve clarity).
3. Revises documents based on editorial, technical, and end-user comments without altering the technical content to be presented.
4. Performs journal matching service (to ensure that submitted manuscripts follow journal requirements).
5. Assists with the preparation and standardization of presentations, posters, and provides meeting support.
6. Maintains central project and proposal records.
7. Schedules and coordinates reporting efforts.
8. Assists Scientists with short-deadline ad hoc reports, responds to sponsor requests for information, and/or scientific progress updates.
9. Performs other duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Proven ability to provide publication-ready technical journal material; strong attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work independently; proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite. Candidate should also be highly organized and should exercise sound judgment in solving problems.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in English language, scientific writing, or a related field.
Minimum Experience: 4 – 6 years of experience in writing and editing scientific documents.
Work Environment: Office.
Other: Foreign nationals (OPT, H1B, permanent residents) and U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply. A background requirement is that the employee must have lived in the U.S. three out of the last five years. This position is located in Frederick, Maryland.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://careers.hjf.org/jobs/4658484-technical-editor-slash-writer