Full-Time Technical Writer (Durham, NC)
We currently have an opening for a Technical Writer in our Compoments Marketing team.
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating, editing and maintaining the outbound written collateral for Cree’s existing and expanding portfolio of LED components. The collateral includes product data sheets, application notes, reference designs, support documents, as well as handling the logistics of getting the documents approved through the approval process. The individual in this role will utilize their technical writing skills to expand upon technical data from Cree’s various engineering team to create impactful marketing material. The Technical Writer will work with several engineering groups and Product Managers to ensure that the technical information presented is correct, as well as the Product Marketing team to ensure that the positioning of our products is correct.
- Create, edit and maintain a variety of technical documents using Adobe InDesign
- Assimilate feedback on updated documents from many people quickly
- Expand engineering data on reference designs into complete reference designs that document the purpose of those reference designs
- Use internally-developed tools to generate required information and properly format it
- Manage internal document approval process for all updated documents
- Support the internal software development team with the creation of user guides
- 5+ years of technical writing experience
- Very strong written skills
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office programs and Adobe InDesign
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and is subject to a United States government security screening
- 2 years of experience with LEDs, General Lighting or other semiconductor component technology