Full-Time Technical Writer / Documentation (San Francisco, CA)
GoodData is on a mission to help global companies monetize big data. We deliver the leading cloud-based analytics platform and business mashups,enabling companies of any size to convert data into business advantage. We attract the best and brightest in our industry who are dedicated to the possibilities of technology innovation. Headquartered in San Francisco, GoodData is privately held and backed by leading venture capital firms, including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst Partners, Fidelity Growth Partners, Next World Capital, Tenaya Capital and Windcrest Partners.
This is a unique opportunity to introduce a revolutionary product and technology to businesses around the world and also to learn best practices in measuring and decision making for every possible business process and vertical.
• Own and manage development and maintenance of documentation and training tools for both the User Interface as well as the Platform. Deliverables will be a combination of text documents, in-product help and wizards and on-line tutorials.
• Work with the UX team on assuring that our product copy and messaging is simple, concise and consistent.
• Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
• Perform thorough research and analysis to develop mastery of GoodData platform.
• Carry out assignments from beginning to completion with little assistance.
• Use documentation templates and style guidelines effectively to develop documentation that has a consistent visual and structural approach.
• Ability to write for both business as well as technical audiences.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of the GoodData organization including cross-Atlantic communication with our development team in Europe.
• Startup DNA is critical.
• Passion for Business Decision Making, Data and Analytics is a must.
• Prior Business Intelligence, Analytics or other similar experience is a strong plus.
Are you this person? Do you have the DNA to work in a fast moving, dynamic and exciting, well-funded hot start-up? If so, we want to hear from you.
GoodData is committed to creating a diverse work environment, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Agency Recruiters Take Note:
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes.
Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift.
Do not send resumes to any of the executives.
If you would like to be considered to be a vendor, you must go firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY