Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Technical Writer /Document Editor (Washington D.C.)
- job id:317438
- category:Technical Writing
- industry:Computer Software
- location:Washington, District Of Columbia
- type:Contract to Perm
- required experience:3 years
Microsoft Word , Microsoft Excel , Microsoft Outlook , Microsoft PowerPoint, FrontPage 2000/2002, Frame Maker, Acrobat Reader 4.0, Acrobat Writer 5.0, Windows, ClearQuest , Photoshop 6.0
Critical Skills: Adobe Pagemaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe
Acrobat Reader. Robohelp (framemaker is acceptable).
Visio, Project, Clarify Front Office
• Ability to design and develop customer web based documentation using the software packages specified above that meets the requirements of functional and system design specifications
• Must possess excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to ensure consistency of style within a document
• Ability to edit documents paying close attention to matters of consistency in capitalization, spelling, and hyphenation; agreement of verbs and subjects, and other matters of syntax; punctuation; and many other similar details of style
• Must have strong understanding of mark-up language and production processes
• Ability to use typographic, graphic design techniques and illustration to create well designed, dynamic and easy to use web based documentation
• Ability to learn specified technology and applications quickly
• Knowledge of current desktop publishing and word processing programs is required
• Knowledge of art production software and Help authoring tools
• Skill in writing original material and in synthesizing, organizing, rewriting, refining, formatting, and editing rough-draft material while maintaining the integrity of the ideas.
• Knowledge of various types of documents and ability to determine which types of documents best meet the needs in particular circumstances
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work on several project simultaneously and meet assigned deadlines
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
.Bachelor’s Degree in associated discipline preferred and a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience.
***Experience with 508 is a PLUS!***
Randstad Technologies is an EOE-M/F/V/D and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, a $20.0 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world.