Full-Time Technical Writer – DiTW (Baltimore, MD)
WWT Advanced Solutions (WWTAS), a subsidiary of World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT) provides cutting edge technology products, services and supply chain solutions to customers around the globe. We’re a Cisco Gold, EMC and HP Partner founded in 1990 with over 2,200 employees and still growing at a tremendous rate. Cisco recognized us for several key accomplishments – Global Partner of the Year, Theater Partner of the Year, just to name a few. WWTAS is primarily focused on providing comprehensive IT systems design, engineering, integration, deployment, sustainment, operations and maintenance services to the Federal Intelligence Community. WWTAS offers an exceptional culture that promotes work-life balance, profit sharing, unlimited training and exciting career opportunities!! In addition, we were recently named Forbes 100 Best Companies To Work For (#24).
We’re looking for fully-cleared talented Technical Writer to work out of the Ft. Meade area on a full-time basis. You’ll support Department of Defense on a mission centered around Big Data and Situational awareness tools. Exceptional opportunity which involves working with the latest and greatest technologies as the team design/architect, build & test, deploy and sustains a large architecture for a key federal agency. You’ll work closely with customers and key system stakeholders to define this mission and if you have the following experience, we’re looking for you!
Required Professional Experience:
- ***Must have an active TS/SCI with Full scope poly***
- 2 – 6 years of experience assisting in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user’s manuals, training manuals, installation guides, proposals and reports.
- Experience editing functional descriptions, system specifications, special reports as required and other deliverables and documents.
- Versed in technical jargon and variety of field concepts, practices and procedures – IA, Virtualization, IT Systems Design, etc.
- Bachelor Degree is required
- Excellent “can do” attitude with strong people skills and the ability to communicate issues and ideas