Full-Time Technical Writer (Denver, CO)
Responsible for developing and designing detailed technical documentation needed to assure efficient, appropriate and safe use of engineering technology. Combines multi‐media knowledge and strong communication skills with technical expertise to educate across the entire spectrum of users’ abilities, technical experience, and visual and auditory capabilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Documents operational procedures, engineering design documents, methods of procedures, implementation guides and engineering drawings .
- Works closely with the Subject Matter Experts (SME)s to document technical guidelines for multiple levels in the organization .
- Collects and reviews procedure information for accuracy.
- Researches and utilizes industry methods and techniques .
- Incorporates feedback from peer reviews.
- Responsible for QA, configuration management and version control of all documentation.
- Creates ad hoc training documents and may conduct training classes as needed concerning documentation techniques and practices.
- 3 to 5 years of technical writing work experience .
- Significant/In-depth exposure to VoIP, Telephony and IP routing environments preferred.
- Experience in telecommunications or cable industry.
- Experience with a variety of SW tools such as MS Office, Visio, SharePoint, Confluence/Wiki, Remedy, Jira, Clarity, etc.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & LICENSES:
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Instructional Design or other equivalent work experience.
About Xavient Information Systems:
Xavient Information Systems Inc, headquartered in Simi Valley, California, is a provider of global IT Services providing outsourcing and technology solutions to the telecommunication industry. It has multiple locations in the USA and offshore delivery centers in India and Srilanka. Xavient provides end-to-end IT consulting, system integration, bespoke solutions, managed services and IT professional services to telecommunication industry.
Xavient has working groups around Application Development & Integration, Testing and Quality Assurance, IT Infrastructure Support, Application Support, Core Telecom Engineering Services.
It offers enterprise services and solutions, such as enterprise solutions integration, customization, enhancement, maintenance, and support services; and application development and re-engineering, application portfolio management, open source consulting, and platform and migration services.
Xavient developed a low cost turnkey software solution which performs IPv6/IPv4 interoperability in the customer premises equipment. This enables the customer to deliver IPv6 over IPv4 networks and vice versa.
Founded in 2002, Xavient currently has over 2000+ professionals in India and US. It has offices in Englewood, Colorado; Los Angeles, California; Atlanta, Georgia; Bellevue, Washington; and 3 facilities in NOIDA, India . At present Xavient employs 1800 people in India, of which 80 per cent are based in the country, while 20 per cent stay aboard to work with clients.
Xavient works with large and medium sized companies all over North America delivering IT services through the Iterative Offshore Delivery Model (IODM), a proprietary approach to global delivery of IT services.
In January 2010 Xavient acquired privately held Vision360, a BSS/OSS Systems Implementation, development, architecture, and testing services firm. Based in Herndon, Virginia and Toronto, ON, Vision360 provides BSS/OSS Systems Implementation Development, architecture and testing services to top cable MSO’s nationwide.