Full-Time Technical Writer (Dallas, TX)
Become part a team dedicated to solving the critical security problems confronting today’s enterprise and government networks. ISC8 is led by a team of visionaries in network engineering, cyber security and software development determined to find better solutions for securing mission critical systems and corporate assets.
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences, including technical and business audiences.
Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
Experience creating high level technical/process documentation and presentations for audiences at various levels.
Experience creating documentation in Microsoft Word to include version management, creating tables of contents, headers/footers, format tables, referential figures, develop and format tables. Experience creating high level deliverables using MS Office software suite (Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with the Adobe suite of products, including Illustrator and/or similar advanced media software products.
Experience writing/editing technical, business, and process documentation in an Information Technology/Engineering environment.
- Experience writing/editing technical, business, and process documentation in a software development and/or Cyber Security environment.
- Have an understanding of software development and systems engineering methodologies (spiral, prototyping, Agile, Scrum, etc.). Have an understanding of network (LAN/WAN) technology and networking systems. Having an understanding of network security products would be a plus.
- Prepares operation and maintenance manuals and technical publications.
- Gathers technical information, prepares written text, and coordinates layout and manual organization.
- Researches available engineering information such as drawings, design reports, equipment, and test specifications.
- May also interview engineers and other technical personnel.
- Writes individualized copy of analytical, interpretive, documentary, or promotional literature.
- Developing Webpages for technical content and layout would be a plus.
- Requires working knowledge of customer requirements, various company products, purpose and structure of a document, and user’s level of understanding
- Preparing and maintaining documentation pertaining to the program’s software and systems applications, configuration, testing, and user documentation
- Translating and maintaining business specifications into formal user-documents
- Planning, writing, and updating all additional systems and user-support documents
- Consolidating technical input and analyses to create a logical, understandable report for non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5 years of related experience
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Prior software and engineering experience would be a plus