This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
14 Aug 2013
Full-Time Technical Writer (Coppell, TX)
Job Code :1858
Location :Coppell TX US 75019
% of Travel Required :0-10%
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :High School or equivalent
Job Description :
ThyssenKrupp has 150,000 employees in over 80 countries working with passion and expertise to develop solutions for sustainable progress. Their skills and commitment are the basis of our success. In fiscal year 2011/2012 ThyssenKrupp generated sales of €40 billion. ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 13,500 employees, more than 200 branch and service locations. ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America.
· Write, edit, index, or revise a variety of technical, user documentation such as manuals, installation instructions/procedure, training guides, reports, letters, brochures, and/or troubleshooting charts for use in external or internal company publications
· Investigate and study material used through examination of systems, diagrams, and interviews with engineers, technicians, writers, trainers and/or product management
· Analyze requirements of project to determine types of publications needed
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of technical documentation
· Create, edit and maintain technical documentation for current and future applications (i.e., technical reference manuals and production control manuals)
· Interview engineers, trainers, and other personnel to become familiar with product operation and technology
· Research, review, and study trade catalogs, drawings, blueprints, sketches, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedures, and training requirements
· Create and select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material. Coordinate and conduct printing, duplication, and distribution of material
· Develop documentation project plans and timelines
· Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding
· Maintain records and files of work and revisions
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work previously described
Job Requirements :
· A high school diploma or GED is required.
· A Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience is strongly preferred. In lieu of a college degree, 5-7 years of relevant experience is required
· Must have experience with standard Microsoft Office products, publishing software, graphic development tools, and Window 98/NT/2000/XP operating systems
· Software applications used for publishing are: MS Word, Adobe FrameMaker 9.0, Adobe InDesign CS5, MS Publisher
· For illustration work: Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator CS5, MS Paint, MS Visio, Adobe Photoshop
· Other software applications: Microsoft Outlook, MS Access, MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat
· Excellent writing and editing skills and a commitment to producing quality deliverables is essential. Outstanding oral communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees
· Motivated self- starter, who can effectively prioritize, multi-task and manage to accomplish objectives within tight deadlines.
· Strong organizational skills and follow-through; and the ability to take responsibility and consistently meet deadlines.
We offer a competitive compensation package including bonus potential and an excellent 401(k) with immediate vesting along with an opportunity for long-term career growth.
Innovations and technical progress are key factors in managing global growth and using finite resources in a sustainable way. With our engineering expertise in the areas of “Material”, “Mechanical” and “Plant”, we enable our customers to gain an edge in the global market and manufacture innovative products in a cost and resource efficient way. ThyssenKrupp companies in North America offer a range of products and services, including premium carbon steel; high-performance alloys; automotive components and systems; elevators, escalators, moving walkways and passenger boarding bridges; and plant construction material trading, logistical and industrial services. In fiscal year 2010/2011, ThyssenKrupp companies in Canada, the United States and Mexico employed more than 24,000 and recorded sales of over $10 billion.
The Elevator Technology business area brings together the ThyssenKrupp Group’s global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 5.7 billion euros in fiscal 2011/2012 and customers in 150 countries, ThyssenKrupp Elevator is one of the world’s leading elevator companies. With more than 47,000 skilled employees, the company offers innovative and energy-efficient products designed to meet customers’ individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.
ThyssenKrupp Elevator is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran’s status. We are proud to have a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workforce and believe in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all. If you want to join a strong, stable, growing business and make immediate contributions, please apply online atwww.thyssenkruppelevator.com to join our team.