Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Technical Writer Contractor (Lincolnshire, IL)
NEC Sphere is currently seeking an onsite contract technical writer to support NEC Sphere’s various documentation products. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Write, edit and proofread technical documentation such as product manuals, installation guides, help or online documentation content.
• Write new product documentation and submit documents for review following guidelines for revising existing documentation.
• Interview subject matter experts as needed to capture definitions, details, procedures and policies with respect to the documentation being developed.
• Conduct hands-on tests and solicit inputs to ensure the clarity, completeness, technical accuracy and quality of the documents produced, and strengthen their product knowledge over time.
• Rely on directions, pre-established processes and templates, and excellent interpersonal skills with engineering subject matter experts and the Technical Publications team to perform the functions of the job.
• Review specifications generated by engineers and other writers to ensure it meets quality standards. (Must be able to acquire content from Engineers in an efficient manner.)
• Capture, edit and place software screen shots in documents as required.