Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Technical Writer (Columbus, OH)
Position – Technical Writer
Location – Columbus, OH
Duration – 8 Months (will be extended)
• MS Office 2010, MS Visio 2010, SharePoint 2010, MS Outlook 2010
• Ability to use setup a laptop and projector
• Ability to create cross-function process flows and other process flow charts using MS Visio 2010
• Ability to hyperlink documents and URLs to Visio Charts
• Ability to effectively organize an MS SharePoint 2010 team site for collaborating and deploying process flow charts and SOPs
• Ability to organize and collaborate effectively using an MS SharePoint site.
• Ability to accurately type at least 50 WPM
• Ability to interview subject matter experts, review and synthesize written documentation, to create process flows and narrative.
• Strong oral communication skills, one-on-one, in small groups, and with large groups, with personnel at all levels in an organization.
The Technical Writer develops and maintains user and business process documentation for functional and program teams.
Create internal user, external user, and business system administrator documentation for the Compliance, Licensing, and Registration line-of-business (LOBS) application; including user manuals, quick start documents, brochures, and other forms of technical documents as needed.
Create similar documentation of other similar business applications.
Create a catalog of business processes and LOBS.
Create MS Visio cross-functional flow charts to document business processes and LOBS.
Assemble, update or create associated standard operating procedures, web links, and other resources; link the resources to the appropriate locations in the cross-functional flow charts.
Organize and populate the client SharePoint site where the flow charts and documentation are to be stored and accessed.
Other related work as directed.